Tuesday, December 26, 2006

About and Disclaimer

My name is Alvin Borromeo. I'm an attorney and work here. The Trademark Branding Cap is my personal blog about trademarks and branding. The comments and opinions I speak here are solely my own and not that of my employer.

Why the "cap?" Think "thinking cap." Brandingcap.com, my original "brainstorm," was taken by one of those domain name speculators. So I added the "tm" in front.

It's appropriate anyways. A large portion of my legal practice is related to trademark work. Plus, I'm not a marketing expert by any means, and a name without the "tm" might lead one to think that I'm a marketer. Just call me a marketer wanna-be. (When I was young I wanted to go into advertising.)

So now for the disclaimer part. This blog is for informational purposes only. In some jurisdictions, this blog may be considered legal advertising. I may talk about legal stuff in some posts, but it is not legal advice. If you need legal advice about your particular situation, then see an attorney. By all means, if you want legal advice from me, then contact me and we'll enter into a formal attorney-client relationship. Otherwise, the contents of this website does not establish an attorney-client relationship between you and me.